Every girl has grown up with Bollywood and has her heart set on a wedding straight out of the movies. With some of the biggest names tying the knot in the last year, brides today want their wedding look to have a filmy twist.
Taking cues from this, Lakmé Salon has created a new bridal hair and makeup collection that is designed to turn the silver screen dreams of brides-to-be into a reality!
‘The Blockbuster Brides’ is a collection of 9 stunning looks inspired by iconic wedding moments from the Bollywood movies and is now available to brides in the 400+ Lakme Salons across the country.
Speaking on the collection, Pushkaraj Shenai, CEO, Lakmé Lever “Lakme Salon has been the trusted beauty partner of brides for close to 40 years. More than five lakh brides have trusted us on their D Day. Our comprehensive portfolio of pre-bridal and bridal services is designed to meet all the beauty needs of the brides – and their tribe- for the big day. This year drawing inspiration from the movies, our collection lets them add a Bollywood twist to their wedding day. We are very excited to bring out this new collection for all the beautiful brides-to-be”.
Anupma Katyal, National Creative Director, Lakme Salon, shares, “The movies have always set the bar for hair and beauty trends in the country. Our perfect Bollywood-inspired looks include chic 3D lashes with glittering lids, along with coloured winged eyeliner. We’ve also played with colour pencils, and a stunning colour palette of gold, black, red, peach, fuscia, green to be on par with tinsel town’s latest trends “.
Pooja Singh, National Creative Director, adds, “Our B-town inspired hairstyles include a rich combination of milkmaid braids and fishhook messy waves, apt for the outdoors. Along with the traditional tight bun and neat braids, we’ve also worked with loose voluminous curls to capture pure bridal elegance and grace. For brides on the lookout for something more adventurous, a high messy bun or long designer braid adorned with a smattering of baby’s-breath would be perfect to complete the look.”
Uff Teri Ada Look
This look is designed for the coy bride-to-be whose excitement is palpable but measured. This look is perfect to glam up the engagement ceremony and let others turn ‘green’ with envy
· Make Up: A blend of green and bronze shimmery eye shadow, a a glossy nude lip and just a hint of blush
· Hair: Light brown with a tinge of gold and copper pulled back into a high, tight and sleek bouquet bun
· Nails: Green base decorated with white detailing, and gold and diamond ornaments
Mahi Ve Look
Designed for the playful bride-to-be who’s ready to hit the dance floor with her mates at the sangeet - this look is fun, carefree and very stylish
· Make Up: Light rosy cheeks with a hot pink lip, and a pinkish-gold eye shadow and liner.
· Hair: Light brown and blonde highlights with milkmaid braids on the crown, and loose beach waves.
· Nails: Bubble-gum pink base with shimmer and diamond embellishments
Mehndi Laga Ke Rakhnas
Let the love and excitement shine through at the mehendi ceremony with this delicate look in happy hues with a hint of mischief
· Make Up: Dewy base with black eyeliner, salmon eye shadow with salmon shades along the waterline, black liner and a shimmery nude lip
· Hair: Light brown with blonde highlights, center parted and pulled back into a long fishtail braid with loose ringlets and a smattering of baby’s-breath
· Nails: Shimmery yellow base with pastel pink motifs, and decorated with diamond studs
Bride No.1 Look
Reminiscent of royalty, this look immortalizes the classic bride who is the queen of her wedding day.
· Make Up: A dewy base, gold and red eye shadow with a dab of soft pinkish bronze, and a hint of red glitter with a glossy nude lip.
· Hair: Center parted, light brown hair with blonde highlights pulled back into a low bun, draped with a peeled fishtail braid.
· Nails: Mix of a red and shimmer base, with glitter and diamond sequins
Deewani Mastani Look